Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Big goals, games always take team effort - Business Courier of Cincinnati:

axilecyqih.wordpress.com
In our "it's who you know" I have been a beneficiary of knowing some amazin Cincinnatians along the wayto co-launching a boutiquer sports and entertainment public relations firm calledf . It's my favorite part of the job - working with clientss and getting to know them as people and as In 1999 at the ageof 30, when I was namedx to the Forty Under 40 it was an extreme I was working in marketingb at the , where I had the good fortun to meet Georgine Wolohan who was my board of liaison and continues to be the president of my sounding board. At 32, I had the moment that I wanted to work in sport s public relationsin Cincinnati.
I lookerd at moving to New York or Chicago but wanted tostay here. I love this I had determined my passion, the career that wouldf make me jump out of bed at7 a.m. on a Saturdayg to go work - sports and entertainment public relations. I exploref options with media colleagueBetsy Ross. She was at aftee anchoring the news here for Channels 5 and 9 and was lookingg to comeback home. We cooke up a business plan and launched Game Dayin 2002. We landecd our first clients/believers: Iris Simpson-Bush, who literall "runs" the Flying Pig Marathon as its executive director, and Doug Hart from , the producedr of the Home & Garden Show, among othefr major consumer shows.
We still pride ourselvese on working withthem today. Having worked in the nonprofirt world, I understood the challenges they face. I am proud to say that we strategicallyu support a number of amazing locaol institutions and their leadersthrough pro-bono work and/or financial contributions. It has been an hono r to develop professional relationshipes with such sports leaders as Leslie Spencefrof , Andy Danner of the Anthon y Muñoz Foundation, Charley Frank of the and Sharon Thomas of the Marvin Lewisz Com­munity Fund and to see how they have impacted our community. Six years our firm has grown beyon d mywildest dreams.
I have become a true Cincinnatu ambassador as I have learned firsthand how wonderfuk our city is and the potentiawe have. There are key organizations that have the honord of marketingour region's and we are happy to assist their leaders: Bill Donabedian of 3CDC/Fountainb Square Management, Karen Michelsen and Pat Sheeran of the Cincinnat USA Re­gion­al Chamber, Linda Antus of the along with Mindh Rosen and Emilie Johnson of In this "who you know world," tell your frienda and family that Cincinnati is the place to work and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment